1) International Laboratory of Social Neuroscience (LSN)
We are inviting applications to three positions, two PhD students and a postdoctoral fellow, to our newly established international Laboratory of Social Neuroscience (LSN) at Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, National Research University Higher School of Economics, Moscow (https://neuro.hse.ru/). Prof. Iiro P. Jääskeläinen is the Academic Supervisor, and Prof. Vasily Klucharev is the Director, of LSN.
This new multidisciplinary laboratory studies social cognition and decision-making using dynamic naturalistic stimuli during ultra-fast fMRI, multichannel EEG and MEG, TMS, and other neuroimaging technologies. Data analyses will be carried out with cutting edge computational methods, including inter-subject synchrony measures and machine-learning approaches. The stipends and the salaries of the PhD students and postdoctoral researcher are internationally competitive. PhD students are encouraged to get enrolled to the HSE doctoral school (Moscow). Both positions include international mobility and a possibility to internship at Aalto University, Finland. ICN staff will assist the PhD students and post-doctoral researcher in both science and administration. We anticipate high-quality empirical research and publication activities from our employees.
It is worth mentioning that the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience is a vibrant multicultural unit of HSE with an international environment and dynamic working conditions. The unit is located in the historical city center of Moscow. The working language is English.
1) General requirements for PhD student posts are the following:
• Background in Neuroscience or Psychology or other related fields.
• Strong computational skills.
• Motivation to specialise in social neurobiology, neuroscience of communication, and/or neuroeconomics.
• Fluent English including writing skills.
For applicants, CV, Letter of Motivation, and Recommendation Letters (2) must be sent here [firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org]. Priority will be given to biologists, mathematicians or psychologists.
The deadline is Febuary 1, 2020.
2) General requirement for Postdoctoral fellows are the following:
• Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of neuroscience, psychology, economics or applied mathematics or related areas which was awarded during the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading international peer-reviewed journals;
• Candidates should have a strong background in fMRI and/or MEG/and/or multi-channel EEG/MEG/ recordings and data analysis, ability to work in teams and conduct research in collaboration with other colleagues of Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience
• Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
The deadline for applications is until February 9, 2020. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest, a recent research paper submitted via an online application form, and at least two letters of recommendation before the application deadline. Applications to the post-doctoral position must be submitted online here [https://iri.hse.ru/polls/3236
Read more about the application process here [https://iri.hse.ru/postdoc_in
2) Postdoctoral applications are welcome to ICN until Feb. 9, 2020
A series of POSTDOCTORAL positions cognitive neuroscience and modelling are available at the Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience (ICN) in Moscow (https://neuro.hse.ru/en/vacancies). ICN is a dynamic and ambitious research institute with a growing international reputation of a and state-of-the-art equipment.
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience (ICN) is a research subdivision of HSE aiming at the development of applied and theoretical studies in the field of cognitive science and neurotechnology.
Our areas of research cover such topics as perception, communication, attention, cognitive control, memory, decision making, social neuroscience, behavioral genetics, modeling of cognitive processes and computational neuroscience, including dynamic brain connectiomics in health and pathology.
Postdoctoral positions are available across the following research groups:
1. The Neuroeconomics Group (headed by Prof. Vasily Klucharev
2. The Cognitive Control, Communication and Perception Group (Co-supervised by Prof. Yury Shtyrov and Prof. Andriy Myachikov)
3. The Theoretical Neuroscience Group (TNG) (headed Prof. Boris Gutkin)
4. The Neurodynamics Group (headed by Prof. Vadim Nikulin)
5. The Cognitive Control, Communication and Perception Group (Co-supervised by Prof. Yury Shtyrov and Prof. Andriy Myachikov
6. The Neuroeconomics Group (headed by Prof. Vasily Klucharev
7. Memory and Motor Control Group(headed by Prof. Matteo Feurra)
8. MEG group (Prof. Tommaso Fedele)
9. Neuroimaging group (Headed by Prof. Alex Ossadtchi)
ICN is equipped with the modern research equipment including EEG, MEG, fMRI, nTMS, and eye trackers. The ICN is based at the Higher School of Economics (HSE) - a modern, international and rapidly developing research-intensive university in Moscow, which invests heavily in both fundamental and applied research.
We offer competitive salaries. General conditions for post-doctoral research positions, jobs description, requirements and application details are also available at the https://iri.hse.ru/postdoc_info
Application deadline is February 9, 2020
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application https://iri.hse.ru/polls/323647081.html . At least Two letters of recommendation should be submitted by the referees directly to email@example.com.
Please note that direct applications to the hiring Laboratory will not be reviewed.
For informal enquires please contact an individual group leader (contact details to be found on the ICN webpages).
Desired skills and experience
· candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of neuroscience, psychology, economics or applied mathematics or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
· Candidates should have a strong background in fMRI and/or MEG/and/or multi-channel EEG/MEG/ and/or TMS recordings and data analysis, ability to work in team and conduct research in collaboration with other members of the Group and colleagues of Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience;
· Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
· Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
Postdoctoral Fellow in Neuroeconomics
Postdoctoral Fellow in Neurodynamics
Postdoctoral Fellow in Neuroimaging and Brain-Computer Interfaces
в Center for Bioelectric Interfaces
Postdoctoral Fellow in Cognitive Neuroscience to the Cognitive Control, Communication and Perception Group
Postdoctoral Fellow in Cognitive Neuroscience to the Memory and Motor Control Group
Postdoctoral Fellow in Cognitive Neuroscience to the Theoretical Neuroscience Group
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.