International Laboratory for Social Neuroscience (LSN) in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Social cognition and decision making.
The deadline for the applications is February 14, 2021.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 50 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of Neuroscience or Psychology or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a strong background in Neuroscience or Psychology or other related fields, ability and motivation to work in team/ conduct experimental research in social neurobiology, neuroscience of communication, and/or neuroeconomics
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience and strong computational skills will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Prof. Iiro P. Jääskeläinen, the Academic Supervisor, and Prof. Vasily Klucharev, the Head of LSN;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on LSN’s research projects such as:
- Neural processing of narratives and their influence on decision making
- Neurobiology of social influence
- Neurobiology of cognitive dissonance
- Neurobiology of prosocial behaviour
- Neurobiology of risk taking
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the LSN and Institute for Cognitive Neuroscience (ICN);
- participation in the events of the LSN and ICN and other contribution to the Lab’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
The LSN and ICN offers access to its brain imaging facilities which include, fMRI, multichannel EEG and MEG, TMS, tDCS, fNIRS, VR, and other neuroimaging technologies.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring LSN may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 14, 2021.
We have open positions for two PhD students in the field of social neuroscience and neuroeconomics. Positions are available immediately at the international Laboratory of Social Neurobiology (LSN), HSE University (https://neuro.hse.ru/). Candidates will work with Prof. Iiro P. Jääskeläinen (Aalto University) and Prof. Vasily Klucharev (HSE University).
The deadline for the applications is February 1, 2021.
This new multidisciplinary laboratory studies social cognition and decision-making using dynamic naturalistic stimuli during fMRI, MEG, TMS, and other neuroimaging technologies. Data analyses will be carried out with cutting edge computational methods, including inter-subject synchrony measures and machine-learning approaches. The salaries are internationally competitive. PhD students will be enrolled in the HSE doctoral school (Moscow). Position includes international mobility and internships at Aalto University, Finland. We expect high-quality empirical research and publication activities from our employees.
The Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience is a vibrant multicultural unit of HSE with an international environment and dynamic working conditions. The unit is located in the historical city center of Moscow. The working language is English.
General requirements for the PhD posts:
- Background in Neuroscience, Psychology, Linguistics or other related fields.
- Strong computational skills.
- Motivation to specialise in social neurobiology, neuroscience of communication, and/or neuroeconomics.
- Fluent oral and written English.
The deadline is February 1, 2021.
Closing date: 2021-02-01
Institution: National Research University Higher School of Economics
Department: Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience
Contact Information: Dr Victoria Moiseeva (email@example.com)
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.